The key properties of Polyacrylic (ACM) are its resistance to hot hydraulic oil and oxidation.
- It is also resistant to ozone and weathering and in these respects it is much superior to Nitrile Rubber.
- Water resistance is poor, as is its resistance to acids and alkalis. Low temperature applications are limited to -10°C.
- Polyacrylic has very low resilience below 70°C and has found use in vibration damping.
- Typical applications include automotive transmissions components requiring resistance to hot oil or fuel.
- Typical working temperature range: -10°C to 150°C