Perfluoroelastomers (FFKM) rubbers are fully-fluorinated fluorocarbon polymers which have elastomeric characteristics. They fill an important niche for applications involving aggressive chemicals at temperatures up to 320°C.
- They are extremely expensive and have poor physical properties and limited use at low temperatures.
- They are the most chemically resistant elastomers that are on the market and have outstanding high temperaturte and chemical resistance.
- Also have excellent stem, ozone and weathering resistance.
- A disadvantage is poor low temperature properties.
- Typical applications include core sleeves, O-rings in chemical processing equipment particularly within the oil and gas industry.