Fluorosilicones (FVMQ) can operate over a very wide range of temperatures.
- Their resistance to di-ester lubricants, ozone and weathering is excellent.
- They have good electrical strength and moderate oil resistance.
- However, they are particularly expensive rubbers and unsatisfactory for use with phosphate esters.
- Like Silicone rubbers, their physical properties and permeability to gases are poor.
- Typical applications include aerospace fuel system components, diaphragms, gaskets, hose lining, seals and O-rings.
- Typical working temperature range: -60°C to +225°C