Epichlorohydrin rubber (ECO) has properties similar to nitrile rubber but with better heat, oil and petrol resistance.
- Has low gas permeability and better low temperature flexibility than NBR.
- Its resistance to acids, alkalis and ozone is excellent.
- However, its poor compression set limits its use as a sealing material and its corrosive effect on metals can increase tooling costs and limit metal bonding applications.
- Typical uses are in automotive fuel systems, bladders, diaphragms and rollers.
- Typical working temperature range: -35°C to +125°C