Chlorosulphonated Polyethylene (CSM), widely known as Hypalon®. Can in some respects be regarded as a superior type of chloroprene, having better heat ageing, chemical resistance and excellent low gas permeability.
- Ozone and weathering resistance is also excellent and electrical properties are good.
- Low temperature flexibility and oil resistance is similar to chloroprene.
- CSM has poor fuel resistance and dynamic sealing applications are not recommended in view of its poor compression set.
- Typical applications include static seals and electrical cable jacketing.
- Typical working temperature range: -20°C +125°C
Hypalon® was a registered trademark of DuPont Performance Elastomers